Full article below:
Late this summer, Chevy Bolt owners received a notice from GM: They were not to park their cars within 50 feet of other vehicles. They shouldn’t charge their cars overnight. Fully charged vehicles, GM said, should not be kept in garages.
The recall of the Bolt covered all of the roughly 141,000 units GM had ever built. The company identified the issue as dual defects that led battery materials to make contact with one another and the components to combust spontaneously.
“Battery fires can take up to 24 hours to extinguish,” according to an emergency response guide for the Model S on Tesla’s website. “Consider allowing the battery to burn while protecting exposures.”