Have you missed the deadline for the OSHA GHS Training?
Don’t worry, it’s not too late or too difficult for Safety Regulation Strategies to bring your company into compliance.
What is GHS?
GHS or Globally Harmonized System is a universal approach to defining and classifying hazards, and communicating information on labels and safety data sheets.
What is the purpose of GHS
Inconsistencies between national and international laws create a regulatory and compliance nightmare that compromises safety. GHS standardizes all countries with a new comprehensive system that communicates the hazards to all who are exposed.
GHS Goals :
- Improve human health and the environment with an international system for hazard communication
- Create a framework for countries without a system
- Reduce the need for testing and evaluating chemicals
- Facilitate international trade with properly identified chemicals
Cooperating US Agencies :
- The Department of Transportation (DOT)
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)